Only 9 days left until we throw open the gates of Dairy Meadows and welcome you all in.
In anticipation of all the jollity to come we’ve got books and tickets to giveaway here everyday right up until the festival. Each day will bring a new pair of star writers, and a new chance to win tickets to see them at Hay along with copies of their latest/biggest/most phenomenal books (full T&Cs below).
Today’s storming writers are Jeremy Strong and the author and illustrator team Emma Dodd & KA Gerrard
Hoots of laughter roll across our gardens whenever Jeremy takes to the stage. His energy is infectious and if you haven’t discovered his wonderful worlds yet, now is your chance.
Emma Dodd wowed pupils on our Programme for Schools in 2011. So much so she’s back with her writing partner Kelly Gerrard to show us a brand new Charlie and Bandit adventure and help us create our very own comic strip.
To be in with a chance to win leave us a comment telling us your favourite sport.
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is organised by Hay Festival.
- Entry to this competition is open to everyone except Hay Festival employees and their close relatives.
- Entrants must write a comment on the topic requested in order to qualify.
- The personal data provided will only be used for the purposes of administering the competition.
- The competition launches on Saturday 19 May 2012 and closes on Friday 31 May 2012 17:30. Submissions received outside of this timeframe will not be considered, so please do not wait until the last minute to upload your entry.
- Only one entry, per person, per blog post is permitted. If more than one entry is submitted, only the entrant’s first submission will be considered.
- Entries will be selected at random 48 hours after the post is published and winners will be notified on email.
- Each goody bag will contain two books and two pairs of tickets, one child and one adult ticket for each event. Prizes will be made available for collection from the festival Box Office.
- Hay Festival reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions or cancel this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.