In anticipation of all the jollity to come we’ve got books and tickets to giveaway here everyday right up until the festival. Each day will bring a new pair of star writers, and a new chance to win tickets to see them at Hay along with copies of their latest/biggest/most phenomenal books (full T&Cs below).
We first discovered the wonderful Helen Stephen’s in our local library. Sat amongst all the picture books was the beautiful Night Iceberg, a charming little tale of sharing and penguins. Her most recent package of loveliness (The Big Adventure of the Smalls) has just been shortlisted for a Junior Design Award and we’re delighted to hear that she’s currently illustrating a Michael Morpurgo text set in Venice!
Liz Pichon stormed Hay last year and since then has swagged herself the Waterstone’s Children’s Book Prize 2012. Her creation Tom Gates is the master of excuses and he’s back for a third round of mischief and mayhem in Tom Gates: Everything’s Amazing (Sort of).
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is organised by Hay Festival.
- Entry to this competition is open to everyone except Hay Festival employees and their close relatives.
- Entrants must write a comment on the topic requested in order to qualify.
- The personal data provided will only be used for the purposes of administering the competition.
- The competition launches on Saturday 19 May 2012 and closes on Friday 31 May 2012 17:30. Submissions received outside of this timeframe will not be considered, so please do not wait until the last minute to upload your entry.
- Only one entry, per person, per blog post is permitted. If more than one entry is submitted, only the entrant’s first submission will be considered.
- Entries will be selected at random 48 hours after the post is published and winners will be notified on email.
- Each goody bag will contain two books and two pairs of tickets, one child and one adult ticket for each event. Prizes will be made available for collection from the festival Box Office.
- Hay Festival reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions or cancel this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.